Since their introduction in the 1970's, Decathlons have been the most popular choice of full-size pilots wanting to learn basic aerobatic maneuvers. If you're an aspiring R/C aerobat who's ready to try your hand at performing loops, rolls and spins, Dynaflite's Giant Scale Super Decathlon kit is the easy-building, impressive-looking model that will take you to the next level.
- Features the proven Selig 8036 semi-symmetrical airfoil that delivers an excellent balance between aerobatic potential and low-speed handling.
- Flies well with a wide range of engine sizes—the U.S. Engines® 25 cc gasoline engine provides plenty of power for exciting aerobatics.
- The vacu-formed windscreen, ABS wheel pants and 3-piece cowl offer authentic scale touches without a lot of work.
- Included in the kit is a sturdy aluminum landing gear that stands up to less-than-perfect landings.
- An easy access servo compartment has been thoughtfully placed near the tail for optimizing balance if heavy engines are used.
- For transportation convenience, the Super Decathlon's wing is built in two pieces that can be quickly and easily joined at the field. Mounting hardware for the shaped, scale-looking struts is also included.
Stock Number: GPMA0510
Wingspan:89 in (2261 mm)
Wing Area: 1237 in² (80 dm²)
Weight:16-18 lb (7.26-8.17 kg)
Fuselage Length: 69 in (1753 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke 1.08-1.8 cu in or 4-stroke 1.20-1.60 cu in glow engine or 25-35 cc gasoline engine, 4-channel radio w/6 servos (5 high-torque servos @ 50 oz-in or better),