46AX II ABL
Plentiful power for sport and aerobatic aircraft!
Ease, dependability and performance are what make engines popular — and they're also three good reasons why the 46AXII has become an instant flyer favorite. Lightweight and low maintenance, the 46AXII is as good a choice for easy sport flying as hard-charging aerobatics. An extension cable and an angled high-speed needle make fine-tuned performance and maximum personal safety easy to enjoy.
- Simple, side-exhaust design.
- Power Box muffler features a squared-off shape for easier fits in more cowls.
- 40K carburetor has high- and low-speed needles, plus a mixture adjustment screw. Tighter tolerances between the piston and ABL create a tighter compression seal and improved power.
- Dual ball bearing-supported crankshaft lowers friction and wear.
- Head automatically centers and levels itself — and snugs down with just 4 screws.
- Subtly tapered low-end needle eliminates surging at transition, ensuring smooth,
controllable power across the rpm range.
- Updated liner ports and a ball-milled inlet port minimize turbulence and promote better fuel/air mixing.
- Minimizes "creep" and resets with seals on both needles and a ratchet spring on the high-speed needle. A rotor guide screw eliminates spring-related movement, too.
- Includes a lock nut and a longer crankshaft with more thread length to ensure better
prop nut engagement and greater pilot safety.
- Includes glow plug, muffler, cable extension and warranty.
- The ABL (Advanced Bi-Metallic Liner) includes one layer for better bonding, and another to reduce wear and extend life.
- A needle-valve extension cable and rear-angled high-speed needle maximum pilot safety and convenience.
- A generously sized chamber and larger sound baffle help the Power Box muffler significantly reduce exhaust noise without compromising power. Rotatable exhaust outlet provides effective, no-cost finish protection.